David is an experienced powerlifter, who is constantly pushing the limits of sports performance goals. He specializes in hypertrophy, physique goals, and is a dedicated coach in many forms.
93kg USAPL Raw Open American Record Deadlift 350.5kg/772.7lbs
NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
Precision Nutrition – Level 1 Coach
USAPL Club Coach
USA Weightlifting – Performance Coach
TAMU Weightlifting Team President Collin was a collegiate lacrosse player before he started Crossfit in 2013. Through that he found a passion for Olympic weightlifting where he both coaches and competes as a 77kg lifter.
CrossFit Level 1
USAW Performance Coach
Damian is an international Strongman competitor with 20+ competitions worth of experience. He also has competed around the country in Highland Games and Powerlifting.
Associates Degree in Health and Kinesiology
6+ Years of Competition Experience in Strongman, Highland Games, and Powerlifting
About Our Coaching
Brazos Valley Barbell is home to a full-service commercial gym, with multiple trainers in College Station, Texas. Here, we have a wide variety of gym equipment and specialty programs to help you meet your fitness goals.
More than that, our premiere facility offers professional training with experienced trainers that offer coaching in the areas of general fitness, powerlifting, weightlifting, hypertrophy, and injury recovery and prevention.
Programming available for one-on-one training is completely customized to your needs. So whether you are a beginner who wants to be in better shape, an expert athlete, or you are training for an upcoming race or powerlifting competition, Brazos Valley Barbell can help you reach your personal and professional goals.
Why Choose a Personal Trainer?
We at Brazos Valley Barbell realize that motivation may not be your strong suit, even if your objectives are more modest than others. So for those getting started on a fitness regime, a personal trainer can provide you with the incentives needed to further your goals. We take the time to help you meet your intentions.
It may not be easy, but it will be worth it. For our more competitive and skilled athletes, we make sure that the weight training is both safely and effectively, both inside of our local gym and outside of it.
There are many benefits to having a personal trainer working with you and your routine:
- Overcome plateaus. A plateau occurs when your exercise and fitness regime is no longer effective, or not as effective as it used to be. Plateaus happen to everyone who engages in intensive fitness, and it is a natural part of training. Brazos Valley Barbell knows that this can be difficult for those who want to sustain their future success and motivation to continue working out. A personal trainer can help you figure out why you have hit a plateau and come up with strategies to change up your routine so that you can get better results.
- Establish an exercise routine. A good coach or personal trainer is someone whose help and advice will last on a long-term basis. At Brazos Valley Barbell, our personal training we will help you establish a routine that will keep you setting small, achievable goals that gradually allow you to accomplish larger ones. We only allow steps into your personalized program that benefit your routine so that you can recognize the eventual payoff.
- Reduce your chance of injury. Many feel as if they have to hit the gym as hard as they can for as long as they can. Not only is this counterproductive to your personal training, but it can also result in stress related injuries, such as muscle tears or joint stress. This is especially true for the various forms of strength training we offer at Brazos Valley Barbell. These types of injuries can result in setbacks that will have you starting from scratch all over again. Let us help you prevent them.
- Muscle gain and fat loss. Needless to say, certain types of goals, such as hypertrophy and weight loss, should be regulated by a professional. This requires some know-how when it comes to workout requirements. If you are not careful, you can end up working in the wrong direction. This means going on a specific diet and also employing an effective strength building routine that matches your body type.
- Employ your time more efficiently. A personal trainer will ensure you get better results faster together than if you were to work by yourself.
Brazos Valley Barbell Personal Training
Brazos Valley Barbell is ready with a personalized option that works for you. We provide you with all the knowledge and resources you need to meet your fitness goals in a healthy, sustainable way. We want to work with you to form good habits that will last a lifetime.
Our coaches are certified trainers who specialize in various forms of strength and weight training, including Olympic Weightlifting. We are proud to have worked with professional and amateur athletes, younger athletes, and those who are in need of special assistance in order to provide our clients with just the right inspiration and methodology they need.
Speak with David Woolson, our powerlifting coach, if you want to build muscle mass and increase your strength. He is especially passionate about physique training and sports-related strength building.
Ross Prichard specializes in Weightlifting. He has a background in strength training, weight training, and is currently pursuing a degree in motor behavior that makes him uniquely qualified to work with powerlifters, weightlifters, strongman competitors, and gymnasts. He has worked with athletes rehabilitating from injuries and is well versed in injury prevention.
About Brazos Valley Barbell
Brazos Valley Barbell is a gym and training facility that excels at helping individuals reach their personal fitness goals. Our passionate staff is also well qualified with their variety of fitness routines and exercise equipment. As a member, you will have open access to the gym without the crowds and wasted space of commercial gyms. You will be able to train the way you want to, how you want to, and without the set times of training only facilities.
For those who have a focus on powerlifting or weightlifting, our coaches provide weight training to those who are just beginning to take an interest, those who have already begun their journey and want to take it to the next level, and even advanced and competitive weightlifter coaching. We offer group training as well as one on one coaching.
If you need personal attention, our personal trainers can watch your workouts, and you can consult with us about your fitness goals. Brazos Valley Barbell will develop a safe and effective regimen to get you achieving your objectives and work with you personally, watching to make certain that you are working out properly to avoid injury.
Once you have had a consultation with our staff, then you have the option of contacting us online whenever you need advice or guidance moving your training to the next level. Even if you live close to our College Station, TX location, you can still access our services online if you want to do a portion of your training from home. This gives you the unique opportunity to ask any questions about your home-based routines. Our coaches are eager to help in whatever way we can, whether you are physically in the gym or not.
Personalized training can be the most effective way for individuals who are looking to achieve specific goals or those who are not knowledgeable when it comes to fitness training. Having our staff at your disposal when you are at home or away from home is our way of making sure that you are on target.
Brazos Valley Barbell has established this gym because we wanted to be the premiere facility for strength training and fitness coaching in College Station, TX. We did not want to be just another commercial gym. We go above and beyond to work with many different types of people to make sure that they were getting the most out of their workout time. For us, weight training and powerlifting is something we have come to love doing, and our gym is a way of giving back to the community.
So if you want to bulk up and get stronger, talk to one of our coaches and we will get you started in no time. Stop by our gym location in College Station or give us a call at 361-935-5564.